Welcome to the International Cartographic Association Commission on Maps and Graphics for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Currently undergoing rebuild February 2009
The mandates of this commission include:
- Exchange and disseminate information on the design of and production technologies for maps and graphics for blind and partially sighted people.
- Study and evaluate developing and appropriate technologies and resources for the improvement of maps and graphics for blind and visually-impaired people.
- Explore the potential value of maps and graphics designed for blind and visually-impaired people to other user groups (e. g. children and those with learning difficulties).
- Develop closer links with the World Blind Union and to extend this co-operation to the International Mobility Conference and other appropriate organizations to further world-wide co-operation, communication and education in the use of maps and graphics by blind and visually-impaired people.
- Integrate the workings of this commission more closely with other ICA commissions.